Case Studies >
- Florida Power & Light
- FPL awarded Gibraltar Chimney International a 5-yr blanket service contract to provide maintenance repairs for the (30) stacks and chimneys at each of the (11) Generating Stations in their Florida system. The contract was awarded to GCI after evaluating capabilities, price, safety and service.
- Bethlehem Steel Corporation
- GCI's inspection of the NFF-CS Flare Burner Stack at Bethlehem Steel's Lackawanna Plant identified heavy corrosion and plate buckling in the upper section of the stack. Ultrasonic thickness ("UT") measurements indicated that corrosion was primarily confined to the tip section of the structure.
- Doe Run Peru
- Working in conjunction with Doe Run Peru and Fluor Daniel, CCI and Gibraltar Chimney performed an inspection of the massive structure.
- AES Corp.
- Gibraltar Chimney has performed inspections and maintenance repairs at several AES facilities, including the 612'-6" tall reinforced concrete chimney serving the 625 MW coal fired boiler at the AES Somerset - Kintigh Generating Station.
- NYC Department of Sanitation
- When New York City Sanitation Engineers identified damage to roof covers and hazardous conditions at their Southwest Brooklyn and Hamilton Avenue Incinerator Plants, Gibraltar Chimney International was contracted to perform Emergency Repairs.